The Maynard-Stone house was built right at the end of the inter-war Antebellum period in 1860. It appears to have been built by Allen and Jezebel (also known as Essa Belle) Maynard on their small plantation/farm which covered the four corners of what is now High House Road and Davis Drive (formally Stone Road). Their daughter, Maggie, married S.W. Stone thus the name Maynard-Stone House. The home was willed to their son John A. Stone and his wife Ethel in the 1930’s. A few years later it was left to Anne Stone Council and remains in the Council family to this date.
The home was moved to it’s current location in 2010 to make way for the Bradford development.